The planning and management of the workshops are conducted jointly with the accredited NPO Corporate Development Education Association (DEAR) *. We offer various participatory workshops from the perspective of knowing, thinking and acting.
Information on the Global Symbiosis Workshop Program
We offer workshop programs in BE＊hive. We would adjust according to your request: specific content, time and number of people. Please feel free to contact us first.
- Workshops are targeted at groups of 20 or more people, from high school students upwards.
- No fee; however, a reservation is required in advance.
BE＊hive will you serve 2 different kind of workshop programs. We can arrange program contents as your request including in target, time and number of participants. Please feel free to contact us at first.
- Refugees in Japan (time settings: 30 – 90 min)
While looking at photos and presentation panels about refugees, participants can recognize background of each refugee, law and system of being accepted refugees in Japan. Then through listening episode, voices and messages from refugees, participants also can think and exchange ideas with other participants how refugees feel, what we can do for refugees.
- Refugees in the world (time settings: 30 – 90 min)
While looking at photos and presentation panels about refugees, participants can recognize background of each refugees and how they survived in the world. Then through listening episode, voices and messages from refugees, participants also can think and exchange ideas with other participants how refugees feel, what we can do for refugees.
Questions / Applications
If you have any questions or interests about this program, please contact us via Phone or E-mail.
- Address：Sacred Heart Global Plaza (Building No.4)
University of the Sacred Heart
4-2-24 Hiro-o, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
- TEL：03-3407-5811（Rep）（Extension of Building No.4：104）
Voices from participants/applicant of workshop
- The workshop gave me a chance to change the image of refugee and understand about refugees as my own affairs. Besides, du to open space where is different from classroom as used, I enjoyed free discussion with other student and learn each other. 【university student／participant】
- I felt that refugees are same human being who live their life as we do. I would like to learn more what we can do for refugees. 【university student／participant】
- Not only looking presentation panes, but utilizing them through workshop, I can learn more deeply about refugees. 【adult／participant】
- Through participatory learning style as workshop not just seeing presentation panels as passive learning style, students can get deeply awareness and learning. 【public junior high school teacher／applicant】
- Productive display relating to refugees were very good and this exhibition style can recall participants’ interest to refugees and answer their questions. I will request the workshop again. 【academician／applicant
Information on Development Education Introductory Course
How do the various problems occurring on earth, such as environmental issues, conflict and poverty connect to our lives?
Development Education Association and Resource center / DEAR holds introductory courses once a month to introduce development education, using a participatory method.
If you are interested in international cooperation, want to know about development education, are interested in active learning, or would like to participate in activities of DEAR, please feel free to participate in an introductory course first!
For details and application form, please click here.
Workshop on Development Education・Education for International Understanding
Problems occurring on Earth such as climate change, conflict, poverty, and food security are part of our everyday lives. How can you contribute to a better future? In the NPO Corporate Development Education Association (DEAR) we will carry out various participatory workshops in collaboration with the BE＊hive, from the viewpoint of action-taking.